Well, we have made it to the Final Stretch. What an appropriate title :). I am looking more and more pregnant, and feeling increasingly uncomfortable, which of course is a good thing. I am enjoying every last minute of the pregnancy, or at least trying to :).
I have had one song stuck in my head this whole pregnancy. The Song: You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIBediEAcUQ.
The chorus says the following:
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
I know some of the pregnancy symptoms aren't always pleasant, but I know I will miss this. So I am enjoying even the not-so-fun things about being pregnant in these last weeks.
So, how about some funny stories from the last weeks of Baby B's stay in the tummy.
1. Last sonogram- 36weeks. Our doctor's office knows we do not want to find out the gender of the baby so we didn't have to worry about that, we just wanted to make sure the baby is healthy. Baby B is growing and perfect. We saw the heart pumping, the ventricles swishing blood through. We measured the head size (a little scary to think that's coming out of me soon), and the technician measured the arms, legs, belly and such. Everything about Baby B was right on track. Measuring 6lbs. 2 oz and 18" long (guessing from memory). When getting the sono we noticed there was scales to the left measuring all the measurements. they had brackets on the lines to mark the average range of babies during this stage. We started asking which mark was what part of the body and come to find out, while everything is in the average range :), Baby B has a hefty belly with a little shorter arms and legs at that point. After finding this out, Caleb asked the technician if his NBA/WNBA dreams should be flushed down the toilet since we will be giving birth to a Buddha baby :). The technician assured us that everything is still average and will work itself out but our baby definitely looked well fed with a round belly and round cheeks :).
2. Not knowing the gender. I think eleven of my friends are pregnant/have been pregnant during my pregnancy. Each has found out the gender of their baby. All but one is having a boy (is something in the water?? we will find out soon :)). I am glad we decided not to find out because it really builds the anticipation of the baby's arrival. It is also interesting to hear people's responses when we tell them we aren't finding out the gender. Most will look at me and tell me, in a definitive voice, if i am having a boy or a girl. I wish I would have kept track of the strangers and their guesses. If I had to guess, most strangers have guessed girl. The family has put their two cents in as well. Some have been set on one gender from the beginning (Mike-Girl, Mimi-Boy... and take that to the bank!), and some have changed their minds (Mom from Boy to Girl, Caleb from Boy to Girl). I still don't have a good idea one way or the other. I have always guessed girl but who knows. Whenever I dream of the baby, I dream of the hands and the feet.
3. Baby Kicks- This baby has been on the move throughout this whole pregnancy. Last blog post I talked about moving Mondays, well forget that, this baby is always moving :). I think that will be the thing I miss the most about being pregnant, being able to feel the baby inside moving. As we get to the final stages, the movements are a lot harder and more uncomfortable. I think the baby likes to play games with my bladder :). One trick we have started doing, to show off the baby movements, is to set my phone on the top of my belly and watch the baby kick it. Its fun to see our family's reactions to this. Caleb really loves watching the baby kick. I have tried to capture it on video and will do my best to post that video here.
Sorry if the video takes a while to load. Basically it is a shot of my belly with the baby moving. You can see the pink flower on the right side of my shirt moving because of Baby B.
4. Caleb's Sprained Ankle- Caleb was playing racquetball the other day and ran into the wall and sprained his ankle. I was at home and didn't realize how bad it was until he was brought home with a crew of friends (who also brought dinner, thanks Marsdens!), and he was unable to walk. I doctored him up but he was in considerable pain. I must admit I didn't have the best of attitude, the whole time I was thinking about the impending pain I will endure and there was no comparison. I have since repented from my selfish attitude and have enjoyed taking care of him knowing full well the roles will be switched in a few weeks. The day after the sprain Caleb borrowed crutches and I was pretty determined to not let this slow us down in preparations for the baby. So we went out running errands. Running is really a stretch here, we took it slow but made it to a few stores we needed to go to. One particular errand was in a very busy shopping area called the Arlington Highlands. If you haven't been there, it is basically an outside mall/parking nightmare. Well, Caleb and I needed to go, so we were patient and parked as close as possible but still a ways away from the store. On our trek to the store, I was crossing the side walk (yes the 9mo pregnant lady beats the man on crutches in a foot race) and Caleb was close behind. There was a car that was slowly turning and I assumed he would yield. We proceeded to do the dance (you know where you pause and make sure they see you, then they say you go, and you say are you sure?). Needless to say, I thought this was ridiculous, surely the 9mo pregnant lady and her husband on crutches deserves the right of way on the pedestrian crosswalk. Finally I shoved my hands out in a stop position toward the car, with a frustrated/determined look on my face, and turned and walked across the parking lot. When making eye contact I saw the driver to be a punk high school kid. What is this world coming to when you don't yield to a pregnant woman and a man on crutches?? It has made for a pretty funny story though.
Well, next blog update will be pictures of the nursery!! I am so excited to be finished with it! Hope you all have a great day!!
I have had one song stuck in my head this whole pregnancy. The Song: You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIBediEAcUQ.
The chorus says the following:
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
I know some of the pregnancy symptoms aren't always pleasant, but I know I will miss this. So I am enjoying even the not-so-fun things about being pregnant in these last weeks.
So, how about some funny stories from the last weeks of Baby B's stay in the tummy.
1. Last sonogram- 36weeks. Our doctor's office knows we do not want to find out the gender of the baby so we didn't have to worry about that, we just wanted to make sure the baby is healthy. Baby B is growing and perfect. We saw the heart pumping, the ventricles swishing blood through. We measured the head size (a little scary to think that's coming out of me soon), and the technician measured the arms, legs, belly and such. Everything about Baby B was right on track. Measuring 6lbs. 2 oz and 18" long (guessing from memory). When getting the sono we noticed there was scales to the left measuring all the measurements. they had brackets on the lines to mark the average range of babies during this stage. We started asking which mark was what part of the body and come to find out, while everything is in the average range :), Baby B has a hefty belly with a little shorter arms and legs at that point. After finding this out, Caleb asked the technician if his NBA/WNBA dreams should be flushed down the toilet since we will be giving birth to a Buddha baby :). The technician assured us that everything is still average and will work itself out but our baby definitely looked well fed with a round belly and round cheeks :).
2. Not knowing the gender. I think eleven of my friends are pregnant/have been pregnant during my pregnancy. Each has found out the gender of their baby. All but one is having a boy (is something in the water?? we will find out soon :)). I am glad we decided not to find out because it really builds the anticipation of the baby's arrival. It is also interesting to hear people's responses when we tell them we aren't finding out the gender. Most will look at me and tell me, in a definitive voice, if i am having a boy or a girl. I wish I would have kept track of the strangers and their guesses. If I had to guess, most strangers have guessed girl. The family has put their two cents in as well. Some have been set on one gender from the beginning (Mike-Girl, Mimi-Boy... and take that to the bank!), and some have changed their minds (Mom from Boy to Girl, Caleb from Boy to Girl). I still don't have a good idea one way or the other. I have always guessed girl but who knows. Whenever I dream of the baby, I dream of the hands and the feet.
3. Baby Kicks- This baby has been on the move throughout this whole pregnancy. Last blog post I talked about moving Mondays, well forget that, this baby is always moving :). I think that will be the thing I miss the most about being pregnant, being able to feel the baby inside moving. As we get to the final stages, the movements are a lot harder and more uncomfortable. I think the baby likes to play games with my bladder :). One trick we have started doing, to show off the baby movements, is to set my phone on the top of my belly and watch the baby kick it. Its fun to see our family's reactions to this. Caleb really loves watching the baby kick. I have tried to capture it on video and will do my best to post that video here.
Sorry if the video takes a while to load. Basically it is a shot of my belly with the baby moving. You can see the pink flower on the right side of my shirt moving because of Baby B.
4. Caleb's Sprained Ankle- Caleb was playing racquetball the other day and ran into the wall and sprained his ankle. I was at home and didn't realize how bad it was until he was brought home with a crew of friends (who also brought dinner, thanks Marsdens!), and he was unable to walk. I doctored him up but he was in considerable pain. I must admit I didn't have the best of attitude, the whole time I was thinking about the impending pain I will endure and there was no comparison. I have since repented from my selfish attitude and have enjoyed taking care of him knowing full well the roles will be switched in a few weeks. The day after the sprain Caleb borrowed crutches and I was pretty determined to not let this slow us down in preparations for the baby. So we went out running errands. Running is really a stretch here, we took it slow but made it to a few stores we needed to go to. One particular errand was in a very busy shopping area called the Arlington Highlands. If you haven't been there, it is basically an outside mall/parking nightmare. Well, Caleb and I needed to go, so we were patient and parked as close as possible but still a ways away from the store. On our trek to the store, I was crossing the side walk (yes the 9mo pregnant lady beats the man on crutches in a foot race) and Caleb was close behind. There was a car that was slowly turning and I assumed he would yield. We proceeded to do the dance (you know where you pause and make sure they see you, then they say you go, and you say are you sure?). Needless to say, I thought this was ridiculous, surely the 9mo pregnant lady and her husband on crutches deserves the right of way on the pedestrian crosswalk. Finally I shoved my hands out in a stop position toward the car, with a frustrated/determined look on my face, and turned and walked across the parking lot. When making eye contact I saw the driver to be a punk high school kid. What is this world coming to when you don't yield to a pregnant woman and a man on crutches?? It has made for a pretty funny story though.
Well, next blog update will be pictures of the nursery!! I am so excited to be finished with it! Hope you all have a great day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment