Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Picture of Excellence

So, I am taking a class. It is a 5 week online course geared toward the StrenghtsFinder Assessment and implementing it in a curriculum for at-risk students. My work is paying for it, but I was thrilled when they asked me to take it. You might not know that I took the StrengthsFinder assessment last year when I started my new job at TCU. It is an assessment based on positive psychology, and afterward gives you your top five talents/strengths. I know you are curious, my top five are: Relator, Belief, Maximizer, Responsibility, and Positivity. They have definitions for each on their sight and I think they really speak to my strengths in any given situation.

Anyways, I caught the Strengths bug ( i think because i am so positive and it points out the positive in others) and now i am taking this class. Our first assignment was to think of someone we know is excellent at what he/she does. Spoiler alert... I chose Caleb. Brag time coming... Here is what I wrote for my assignment:

When asked who I think is excellent at what he/she does, my husband immediately came to mind. He is an excellent husband and Youth Pastor. I believe he is excellent because of the traits he possesses and his ability to harness each.

The first trait that comes to mind is his honesty. You can count on him to give you a straightforward and sometimes blunt answer to any question or problem you might have. This is very valuable in his line of work. The students do not expect a sugar-coated answer from him, and they won't get one. In a world where everyone expects you to tippy-toe around the politically correct answers, it is refreshing to be paired with such an honest and straightforward man.

He is humble. He always puts others first and serves without being asked. This trait sets him apart from his peers. He is patient and steadfast, unwavering in his work. He goes above and beyond everyone's expectations. I cannot count how many times others have bragged on him for his exceptional work.

He is smart and has a hunger to learn. This desire to learn spurs him on to fresh understanding and captivating teaching. He has a great sense of humor, making everyone laugh. He has a contagious joy for life. He is an outstanding leader, one I am proud to follow. He is my picture of excellence.

Thanks for letting me brag. Pictures of Danielle's Wedding coming soon! Love you all!
Bre

No comments: