So, the news is out! We are expecting a baby! We are now 12 weeks along and feeling relatively good :). While I have had some sickness the first few weeks, it hasn't been that bad. My only issue is my asthma. It has gotten worse since the pregnancy started. But hopefully it will get better the second trimester :). I haven't started showing too bad, but there is definitley some stretching in the stomach area, that is effecting the way my pants fit.
This will be the first grand baby on my side and third on Caleb's side. I wish I could record all the excitement with a video camera to show baby how much he/she is eagerly anticipated :). I plan on keeping track of the pregnancy as we go along, with posts and pictures on here.
I plan on waiting to find out the gender of the baby until s/he is born. I know, crazy, but I want to... and I'm the pregnant one so everyone will just have to wait. Mom once said it was the best surprise of her life... waiting to find out that Brandon was a boy. I figured... I want the best surprise of my life too... I'll let you know my thoughts after the wait is over :).
I am also waiting to reveal the plans for the nursery, so in case I change my mind, which I do often, I won't have to update the blog each time :).
So far, the best things about being pregnant are (in no particular order):
1. Getting to pray for the endless possibilities this new life holds... Getting to dream and envision the characteristics God has already given Baby B... so much fun!
2. Telling my family and seeing their faces. Telling Pawpaw and seeing little tears of joy coming down his face, he has been waiting for this FOREVER. Telling Mimi and her smiling from ear to ear.
3. Telling the youth group. Caleb started last Wednesday night off with a game (not unusual). It was a contest to see who could recognize all these abstract photos taken of different things in the youth room. At the end, there was a tie. Two groups had each identified 6 of the 8 photos. Caleb then threw up the tie breaker and said whoever shouts the answer first wins. I was in the back watching and when our Sono pic went up, ALL the kids jumped out of their chairs screaming. Then I was surrounded by kids, leaders, and parents giving me hugs and congratulations.
4. Caleb talking to my belly, especially when the Rangers or Cowboys score :).
I am sure there are a lot more things I love about being pregnant, but now it's time for pictures.

Our first sonogram-- at 8 weeks

After telling PawPaw he is going to be a GREAT Pawpaw!

After telling Mimi she is going to be a GREAT MIMI!!
My 11week photo. I know it doesn't look like I have a baby bump, but it's there!
Love you all!
This will be the first grand baby on my side and third on Caleb's side. I wish I could record all the excitement with a video camera to show baby how much he/she is eagerly anticipated :). I plan on keeping track of the pregnancy as we go along, with posts and pictures on here.
I plan on waiting to find out the gender of the baby until s/he is born. I know, crazy, but I want to... and I'm the pregnant one so everyone will just have to wait. Mom once said it was the best surprise of her life... waiting to find out that Brandon was a boy. I figured... I want the best surprise of my life too... I'll let you know my thoughts after the wait is over :).
I am also waiting to reveal the plans for the nursery, so in case I change my mind, which I do often, I won't have to update the blog each time :).
So far, the best things about being pregnant are (in no particular order):
1. Getting to pray for the endless possibilities this new life holds... Getting to dream and envision the characteristics God has already given Baby B... so much fun!
2. Telling my family and seeing their faces. Telling Pawpaw and seeing little tears of joy coming down his face, he has been waiting for this FOREVER. Telling Mimi and her smiling from ear to ear.
3. Telling the youth group. Caleb started last Wednesday night off with a game (not unusual). It was a contest to see who could recognize all these abstract photos taken of different things in the youth room. At the end, there was a tie. Two groups had each identified 6 of the 8 photos. Caleb then threw up the tie breaker and said whoever shouts the answer first wins. I was in the back watching and when our Sono pic went up, ALL the kids jumped out of their chairs screaming. Then I was surrounded by kids, leaders, and parents giving me hugs and congratulations.
4. Caleb talking to my belly, especially when the Rangers or Cowboys score :).
I am sure there are a lot more things I love about being pregnant, but now it's time for pictures.

Our first sonogram-- at 8 weeks

After telling PawPaw he is going to be a GREAT Pawpaw!

After telling Mimi she is going to be a GREAT MIMI!!
My 11week photo. I know it doesn't look like I have a baby bump, but it's there!Love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment